Mario Party 9 takes the madcap family fun from Mario Kart Wii and blends it with the thrills-aplenty mini-game variety of Wii Party to create a fun-filled experience for up to four players. Choose from Mario, Luigi, Peach, and more in your bid to finish first in a board game-style contest crammed with surprises. Play Mario Party 9 with friends and experience all sorts of game modes, challenges, and enemies that will make everyone want to join in the fun! Play on your Nintendo Wii, or on your Nintendo Wii U in Wii Mode
There are playable characters from right across the Mushroom Kingdom, so pick one and get involved! You'll need to think one step ahead of your opponents as you attempt to collect Mini Stars and conquer the evil Bowser. Having stolen all the Mini Stars in the sky, it's up to you to win them all back and become the Super Star. When you play Mario Party 9, you can expect 80 brand new mini-games that will have you making pizzas, racing snowmobiles, and escaping from haunted mansions.
- For the first time in the Mario Party franchise, each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Collectively, players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- In another first for the series, players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action.
- Unique Captain Events on each stage give players a new way to change the shape of the game
- In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point but with multiple paths along the way, so no two games will play the same. From Toad Road to Boo's Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends
- Includes 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles
- No time to play through an entire stage? New minigame modes let players enjoy the action in smaller chunks of time. They can hone their skills at any minigame in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
- Every time they play, players can earn Party Points that are used to unlock special items and features
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Dungeon Crawl users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.